Jan 12, 2015

Playing with Color - Distressed Ink tags

Distress Ink background

I held a little art class the other week, I saw a fun technique on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. It also gave me a chance to play a bit. My paper crafting has taken a backseat lately to remodeling more rooms in the house and creating new home decor to fill them. 

art class

We used Distressed Inks & water to transfer color onto our paper, allowed it to dry (by the woodstove) then sparingly smeared some Elmer's Glue in a few spots, allowed that to dry, then rubbed more ink over the entire piece of paper. The glue was to act as a "mask" not allowing the ink to saturate the areas it had covered. It didn't turn out quite the way we had hoped, but Distressed Inks create such a beautiful background, regardless, that we deemed the project a success...and had fun!


The colorful papers were then turned into tags.
I only had permission from one "student" to post their project. (:

student tag/bookmark




and here's mine, I embellished a wee bit more than the others.

Distressed Inks, stamping, punched stars and glitter; 
embellished tag


Oh my, I just noticed I watermarked these tags 2014, I guess it will take awhile to start typing 2015! Anyone else having that problem? (:





Follow on Bloglovin


scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Maria, I am so glad you are back, I have missed you, what an awesome sentiment on the students card I love your tag it is so sparkly.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I love writing 2015 it was a super easy transition for me. Inhope it will get easier for you . hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family. I love your tag. Beautiful embossing and colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karon, Happy New Year to you & your family too!

      Delete
  4. Fun idea- love using various masks and resists! Great quote on the top tag, by the way. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beth, we really had fun creating them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely!
    thanks for sharing the creativity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! I'm going to have to try your technique:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious little tags. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! The tag is just GORGEOUS!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year my friend. Love this tag. Love the distressing. Fabulous colors. So happy to see you back posting. You were missed. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria