May 18, 2015

The Five Days of Spring - DIY Cleaners


Did I miss spring cleaning time? (I hope, I hope, I hope)
We just cleaned out the last of the ashes from our wood-burning stove. 
And, after this past weekend, my shoulders are sun-scorched. 
I'm sooo confused!

The definition of Spring

Spring: n.noun,the five days 
between the bone-chilling cold 
of winter and the sweltering heat 
of summer.


Got it!


Easy Household Cleaning Recipes
 


Here are the recipes I use to make my own household cleaners.

For my everyday cleaner, I purchased a heavy duty spray bottle from a local restaurant store. The others are from the Dollar Store.



This has been my only glass cleaner since 1989! 
Works perfectly!

DIY glass cleaner ~

2 Tbsp ammonia
1 tsp. dish detergent
1 pint rubbing alcohol
4 drops of blue food coloring (optional)
1 gallon hot water

Combine ingredients.
Fill a spray bottle & label.


However, if you would rather not use ammonia, here's an alternative that works just fine.

Combine 1 cup water with ¼ cup white distilled vinegar, 
add a few drops of blue food coloring to distinguish it as
a glass cleaner, if you wish. Fill a spray bottle & label.



DIY disinfectant cleaner ~


½ cup white distilled vinegar

2  cups hot water
10 drops tea tree oil (melaleuca oil)
1 teaspoon washing soda (optional)

Combine ingredients.
Fill spray bottle & label.


DIY degreaser ~


2 cups water

¼ cup oil based soap (Murphy's Oil Soap)
10 drops of your favorite essential oil

Mix well, fill a spray bottle & label.

to use: Shake, Spray and wipe with 
a damp cloth. 


Concerned about the safety of  Murphy's Oil Soap, 
check the Good Guide.


And finally, my everyday cleaner...


DIY all-purpose cleaner ~


2 cups water

2 Tablespoons dish-washing liquid

Combine, fill spray bottle & label.

Use whichever dish-washing liquid 
you normally use for hand washing
your dishes. 




Labels.
Using my Cricut & the free Cricut Craft Room software, I made these cute labels but in the end, I just popped the letters on instead. 






Do you make your own
household cleaning products?

Do you have a great recipe 
you would like to share?



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria