Apr 11, 2016

Springtime Centerpiece - Chicken Wire Flower Cage

Spring has sprung!
So I thought it appropriate to dust the 
cobwebs from my blog and say HELLO!




forsythia bush



This past winter season was a busy one
in our home, more on that later but I
wanted to share my first spring project
with you.


A Chicken Wire Flower Cage

recycled bottles wood and chicken wire for a springtime flower centerpiece
centerpiece using  recycled bottles

My original idea was to place
single stem flowers in plain 
clear bottles spaced across my
table. Cute idea, right?

Turns out it was not very practical 
once I needed to move them every
evening for meal time. So hubby 
made me this sweet chicken wire cage!



So simple but I'm lovin' it!
general materials used:
soda/beer bottles, labels removed.
flower bouquet (Walmart $3.00),
 snipped to separate stems.
scrap wood.
chicken wire.


*side note...we have a very long
farm table (nine foot long) so I
needed at least seven bottles to
make the piece look right. If you
have a normal size dining room table,
and you wanted to make a similar
centerpiece you could probably get
away with using only 3 to 5 bottles.

springtime centerpiece chicken wire flower cage recycled


Sweet & Simple
What do you think?


Follow on Bloglovin




scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute way to display simple flowers! Great post!

    I would love it if you would share this on my weekly link party : )

    http://www.twentysomethinginthe2010s.com/peace-love-linkup-002/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria